2020 Summer Camps
UPDATE: Camps will be held this year, however we will be moving the first camp from June 10-12 to June 22-24. This date change is required to comply with the current mandate that prohibits summer camps from starting prior to June 15. We genuinely recognize the challenge that rescheduling your summer plans represents under normal circumstances, and that given the current environment it will be even more difficult. We appreciate your understanding as we work to try and find a solution that will allow us to provide your children with a fun and enriching experience while also ensuring that they and our staff are protected. If you are unable to make the new date please contact us to discuss rescheduling or to request a refund of your camp deposit.
We will also be modifying the camp format in order to keep your children safe while they are visiting the farm#58;
- We are asking that parents stay in their cars during pickup and dropoff. Staff will meet each vehicle and escort the camper on/off the premises.
- Hand wash stations will be setup in high traffic areas and campers will be asked to wash their hands before and after each activity.
- Lunch will be outside on the grass this year. Awnings will be setup for shade with large fans and misters to help keep the campers cool. We ask that campers bring a beach towel to sit on during lunch.
- Watercoolers will be available, but campers will be required to have a staff member refill their water bottle.
- We are strongly encouraging students to bring their own helmets when possible. If you do not have one, a helmet will be provided for your childs sole use. The helmet will be sanitized before use and must be returned at the end of the day for additional sanitizing.
- Given the heat and humidity of the summer months we will not require that campers wear face masks. However, if you wish for your child to wear a mask during camp, we will do all that we can to enable that decision.
If you have any questions about the items in this list or the current situation in general please contact us so that we can discuss your specific concerns. Just like all of you, we are adapting as quickly as we can to these dramatic changes in our lives. We thank you for your patience and your continued support.
An email with the above information was sent to all registered camp attendees.
Back by popular demand, dates are now set for this summers number one event: Windhover Farm Pony Camp! This is by far our favorite time of the year and we are so excited to see all of the kids coming back. If you are new to Windhover Farm and are interested in what all of the buzz is about, check out our facebook page for pictures of all the fun from last year. Sign-up details are listed below.
Campers learn about basic horse care and get to ride twice a day.
Sessions include a trail ride around the farm, gymnastics on horses, mounted games, basic jumping, obstacle courses and fun riding lessons.
Camps are taught by experienced instructors on safe reliable ponies. Campers will also participate in fun crafts and (unmounted) games around the farm.
Camps run 9:00am to 3:00pm each day
Cost is $185 per rider for each camp
Camp dates are June 22-24, July 13-15 and July 29-31. Please contact us for availability before mailing in your registration.
We will also host a Teen Camp for older kids and a Mounted Games Camp for competitive riders. If you are interested in either of these camps, please contact us for additional details.